ADSM-L

[no subject]

2001-02-16 23:01:31
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:32:33 +0530
You can write down the shell script ( infact it will be a batch file of
certain commands ) which starts with shuttings down Oracle followed by
Oracle backup and again startup of Oracle . Schedule this script under
Automate Client operations and put the script name in the COMMAND field with
OBJECT filed defined as COMMAND. Ensure you have given necessary
permissions.

Do you have Oracle raw database or cooked one ( i.e. in filesystem format )
? Also are you using TDP for Oracle ?

We are performing Informix Backup in similar fashion, only difference is we
are doing it online.

Regards

Sachin