ADSM-L

Need Help for MAC Clients

2001-02-16 13:40:15
Subject: Need Help for MAC Clients
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:40:29 -0500
Eevryone,

I am posting my question once again, this time with some more details.
I have TSM Server 4.1.0 on Windows 2000 Server. I have 80% MAC and 20% Windows
2000 clients who will eventually be backed up by TSM.
Right now the MAC clients have ver 4.1.2 installed.
My questions are:
1. Does MAC support Polling only ?
2. How can I make sure that the Scheduler service kicks off within the backup
window? Should I schedule the MAC client backup (polling) before the Windows
schedule(prompted) ?
3. Whenever I open the TSM Scheduler it starts counting down from 6 hours for
the next query. Even when I change it in the preference file (Query Scheduler
Interval) it still insists on 6 hours. How do change this?
4. Does anybody have a client option set macro which I can use for the MAC
clients?
5. Does anyone have a tried and tested Include/Exclude list.How do I put it in?
5. What is the best practise for backing the MAC Clients. I will eventually
have 200 MAC clients per Server (Eight Servers) and 60-70 Windows 2000 clients
per Server.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Rajesh Oak

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html