ADSM-L

Re: Formula to calculate # tapes required

2001-02-15 16:27:39
Subject: Re: Formula to calculate # tapes required
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:27:41 -0500
I think most *SM sites consume more tapes than they thought.  I think the
formula you want is the one they use to calculate how long a Software project
will take to complete!!!

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM 02/15/01 04:20PM >>>
George, Richard,
     Thanks for the responses. But I have 7 instances of TSM running, all
implemented last year. A consulting team calculated how much capacity we
would need and proposed it to management. Management cut that number in
half, hired me and handed it over.  I went to the well once already for
more tapes for our largest site, I figured doubleing the size of 200 3590K
tapes would be safe. Not a chance, we ate up the 200 new ones in 3 months.
Now 5 of the sites need more tapes and if I go to the well again I only
want to do it once.
By the way I've been using the k tapes (1400) in the last year and have had
<10 failures.

"George Lesho" <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/15/2001 03:55:57 PM