ADSM-L

Direct *SM DB access from AIX/PERL

2001-02-15 07:28:33
Subject: Direct *SM DB access from AIX/PERL
From: Joerg Nouvertne <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:30:33 +0100
Hello all,

has anybody managed to access the *SM database via a native DB client fomr
AIX. I know, there's a ODBC client for Win32, but is there an equivalent for
AIX. Or maybe a technical reference/documentation to write my own DBD handler
in PERL.

Currently, I am writing a *SM SQL interface for PERL using dsmadmc, but I
think, gathering information from a DB into a report, and parsing the report
to get the field content is not the best way to do it.

Any hint to help me to go in the right direction is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

--
Joerg Nouvertne
Joerg Nouvertne