ADSM-L

Re: 3590E

2001-02-14 21:53:41
Subject: Re: 3590E
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:24:40 +0530
Yes we do have this problem. 3590 E11 supports TEST MEDIA option. Before
using the tape for the first time, we test the tape. It has failed while
writing indicating on control panel writing / reading very fast and then
resulting in failure. Also 2-3 tapes reports write-protected tape even if it
is write-enable ( write-protect roller in proper position ). Any remedy for
write-protect problem ?

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services ( India )