ADSM-L

backup image on Solaris with message _file system is not loacl_

2001-02-13 07:58:44
Subject: backup image on Solaris with message _file system is not loacl_
From: Reinhold Wagner <rwagner AT ZEUNASTAERKER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:32:17 +0100
Folks,

we just migrated from ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3. Now we would use the new
feature image backup.

We backed up a test filesystem on one of our AIX clients which worked fine. Then
wie tried to
backup image a file system of a Solaris box which brought a message like _file
system is not loacl_!

The file system is a striped Solstice Disk Suite 4.2 managed array of disks. Is
it possible, that
the TSM client doesnt notice this file system as local? If so, is there a trick
to image backup this
fs?

TIA

Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co.KG