ADSM-L

Re: Serios Situation - Related to Recovery Log

2001-02-12 05:01:15
Subject: Re: Serios Situation - Related to Recovery Log
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:01:40 +0100
Mahesh,

perhaps you are just too impatient? I have also seen startup times in the
range of 15 minutes, and our DB is only half the size of yours, the recovery
log is much smaller than yours. This was on a G40, currently on our F80 it
is much faster.

Did you watch the CPU time consumption of the dsmserv process?

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet