ADSM-L

Server to Server

2001-02-08 15:14:14
Subject: Server to Server
From: Arturo Lopez <Arturo.Lopez AT RICH.FRB DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:13:22 -0500
Hello All

I have a problem with sending copies of primary stg pool using server to
server.  I have a source server defined on a target server that I am able to
send nightly DB backups to the target server...I have everything defined and
have the node registered as a server on the target server.  The
devclass=server.....  No problems there.

I am encountering problems when attempting to send copies of primary storg
pools.  I have set up a stg pool type=copy that the devclass is assigned to a
devclass=server.  When I attempt to
"backup stg NT_Logs cpy_pool"

 I see a message in the activity log that states

ANR1221E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process 12 terminated insufficient space in target
copy storage pool.

I was under the assumption that the stg pool I  created on the source server is
just a stg pool with no disk space defined.  Since this stg pool is type=copy
the definition of the devclass points the copy of the storage pool to the
target server.    I have assigned the node to its own policy domain which only
contains two policy sets and two mgmt classes and one archive copy group and
one backup copygroup.

What am I missing.

Thx

Arturo