ADSM-L

Sun server/same client

2001-02-08 13:28:20
Subject: Sun server/same client
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:29:56 -0500
Can anyone tell me how to verify that my tsm client that resides in the
same sun box as the server is not going out to the netwok to establish a
connection.
This is a production box so it would be impossible to just totally
disconnect it from the network. I'm seeing really slow through-put on this
server (1.2 gbph) as compared to another(40gbph) that is configured in the
same fashion.

I've ftp'ed the same file I'm backing up from its location to the same dasd
volume my db resides on, and it ftps in a matter of seconds as compared to
the backup.
This is what my opt file looks like

 tcpserveraddress       161.233.251.14
 tcpclientaddress       localhost