ADSM-L

import node into a different domain

2001-02-08 12:45:46
Subject: import node into a different domain
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:47:34 +0000
Hi,

I have several node definitions I want to move from serverA to serverB,
also changing the name of the domains as I go.  Seems plausible.

I have done export node filedata=none and then import node with dom=new
which successfully does nothing at all and imports nothing.  I can only
get it to import if I specify a domain exactly like on the original
server.  I thought that specifying dom=xxx on import would override what
was in the export file?  I have tried with/without replacedefs option.

Am I missing something obvious here?

[AIX 433 and TSM 3740]

Thanks for any help,
Sheelagh