ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: SQL-Backtrack and multiple tapes

2001-02-07 16:09:36
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: SQL-Backtrack and multiple tapes
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:12:44 -0600
Rolf Meyer <Rolf.Meyer AT SATISFACTORY DOT NET> on 02/05/2001 01:48:11 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: George Lesho/Partners/AFC)
Fax to:
Subject:  Antwort: Re: SQL-Backtrack and multiple tapes

Steffan, I am new on the list but am familiar with SQL-BackTrack for Informix. I
know this is a different product but it uses and OBSI module which specifies
"ADSM" instead of tapes or drives. The "mount points" needed, thus, are not
directly attibutable to the tape or drive resources available but seem to
represent communication threads available. During testing, we found that
sometimes backups would work with 1 mount point, they would work most of the
time with 2 and work all the time with three.  Hope this info is of some help.

George Lesho
Storage Admin
AFC Enterprises

Thema: Re: SQL-Backtrack and multiple tapes

Rolf,

update the client's registration parameter maximum number of mount
points to 2.

Steffan

Rolf Meyer wrote:

> Hello
>
>      I use TSM 4.1.2 on Solaris 8 with BMC SQL Backtrack for Oracle.
Trying

--
Regards,
Regards,