ADSM-L

Re: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 dependency in RedHat7.0 ?

2001-02-07 07:57:59
Subject: Re: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 dependency in RedHat7.0 ?
From: Michael Jung <jung AT RE.E-TECHNIK.UNI-KASSEL DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:59:16 +0100
> > The Tivoli 4.1 client won't run on a RedHat 7.0 based system with the
> > error:
> >
> > dsmc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This indicates, that the library running on your system has been
> found, but
> does not contain the expected object file. I know that RedHat 7.0 has a
> special version of the glibc and gcc installed, which is not binary
> compatible to non-RedHat binaries. Is this client compiled for RedHat 7.0?

Sorry misunderstood you. You asked if I compiled the client for RedHat. No, I
took it from:
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v4r1/Linux/LATEST/
IP22154.tar
With the installation manual
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v4r1/Linux/LATEST/README
I installed under RedHat 7.0 with:
rpm -i TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm

The manual says that it is compatible to:
       Red Hat 6.1, 6.2, 7.0
       SUSE 6.3, 6.4
       Turbo Linux 6.0
       Caldera Linux 2.3

Had a look for an ADSM client a few months ago and found only clients which
have to be compiled but on this RedHat server I don't have a gcc compiler.
Since IBM asks to migrate to Tivoli and I found that RPM for RedHat I was lucky
to solved that.

Michael