ADSM-L

Re: Migration doesn't end

2001-02-05 11:39:34
Subject: Re: Migration doesn't end
From: Sam Moore <AMoore AT GW.CTG DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:43:54 -0500
stop storage pool

upd stg backuppool high=90 low=60

>>> JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM 2/1/01 5:53:35 PM >>>
TSM Server and clients 4.1.0 NT

One of my disk pools is performing the never-ending migration process. I'm
migrating from disk to one of two drives in a 3494.  Migration is started
by

update stgpool diskpool hi=0 lo=0

after it is started

update stgpool diskpool hi=90

The migration process usually takes around 15 minutes and then the
"migration process X ended for storage pool DISKPOOL" message comes and my
migration values are then set back to hi=90 lo=70.

For the last couple of days, I have not gotten the migration process has
ended message and the process has been lasting for hours even though when
I query the diskpool, the pct migr value is 0 indicating that all files
have migrated.  The only way I have gotten it to stop is to reset my
migration values for the diskpool back to hi=90 lo=70, and then finally
the finished message and the process ends.

I do have caching enabled on both diskpools, one works fine, the other is
having this problem.  It has happened with different drives and tapes, so
that pretty much eliminates a drive or tape problem.  Any other ideas?

    John Monahan
    Network Team Coordinator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677