ADSM-L

Dr. Watson on NT4.0-clients

2001-02-05 10:32:26
Subject: Dr. Watson on NT4.0-clients
From: Gunnar Uhr <gunnar.uhr AT KS DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:34:03 +0100
Hello

Now I have a NT4.0-related problem again.

I have installed the 4.1.2 TSM-client on another three NT4.0 (server)
nodes and gets a strange phenomena.

On one I get Dr.Watson if I try to back it up via the graphical backup
client but it runs OK by its scheduled tasks.
On the two other it seems to work if I back them up on the
backup-client.
....but if I leave them on for scheduled jobs they both get Dr Watson
(on Dsm.exe) either during the normal
"once in the hour conversation" between client and server or when the
backup starts in scheduled "time-window".

I have got the same client on other nodes without problems.
One thing theese three nodes have in common is that they have Db2
database-servers on them (ver 6.1 I think).

Hmmm.....   Have I discibed it so You can understand ?    ;-)

Any ideas on how to solve this or search for the cause of these
"crashes"
or on how to make it possible to back them up are very(!) wellcome.

Best regards

Gunnar

Gunnar Uhr
IT-Service