ADSM-L

Same client - two nodes

2001-02-02 15:34:10
Subject: Same client - two nodes
From: Tom Bebee <bebeet AT MAIL.WELCHALLYN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:36:01 -0500
We would like to take a Novell client that is part of our one Domain, and
develop another node definition for it.  The reason for this is that we want to
run Selective backups against all the volumes (this is a band-aid for a broken
archive process that is being looked at by TSM L2).

My thinking is that the normal node definition can continue to run our daily
incrementals (which are working fine) and the alternate node definition for the
same machine can be used to run selective backups against.

The selective backups will probably run several hours for each Novell volume,
and in the same window our 100+ other nodes are running their own daily
incrementals.

I am thinking that I need to establish another Domain, with a Policy Set and
Management Class for this alternate Novell node definition.

My question -  is it possible to have two Policy Sets active as long as they
are in different Domains?

More importantly also does anyone see any problems with setting this up?

TIA

Tom Bebee
Welch Allyn