ADSM-L

Re: 1GB Buffer Pool Memory

2001-02-01 17:14:08
Subject: Re: 1GB Buffer Pool Memory
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:16:14 -0500
From: Matthew Glanville

I have seen those errors on one ADSM server when running SUN Solaris 2.6
and ADSM 3.1

If I remember correctly, It didn't appear to be memory related.  It just
was that too many things were going on at once on the TSM server (too many
threads?).  I reduced the number of volumes in the disk pools (there werer
over 60, 1 GB volumes, changed that to 6, 10 GB volumes ) and reduced the
maximum sessions setting and never had that problem again.

Maybe this will help...

Matthew Glanville

Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG> on 01/30/2001 02:12:36 PM