ADSM-L

LTO PERFORMANCE with TSM

2001-02-01 12:53:37
Subject: LTO PERFORMANCE with TSM
From: Dan Giles <dangiles AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:56:37 -0500
I've seen a lot of things about LTO in this group (mostly good), but I haven't
seen anything that directly relates to performance with TSM. To date, Magstars
were THE best technology for TSM (in my opinion) due to the fact that it didn't
have to back-hitch. I suspect that because LTO uses servo tracking, that this
may be the case with LTO as well.

Also, looking through the red book, I see that the average search time to first
byte of data isn't any better than DLTs. With DLTs, I found 1 1/2 minutes wait
time to start data transfer was a bit ridiculous, especially when collocating a
large number of servers.

Any comments on this?

--
Dan Giles, Tivoli Certified Consultant - TSM 3.7
Dan Giles, Tivoli Certified Consultant - TSM 3.7