ADSM-L

Re: Archiving problems with TSM 4.1

2001-01-31 08:56:04
Subject: Re: Archiving problems with TSM 4.1
From: Don Matush <don.matush AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:57:20 -0500
I upgraded Solaris Clients Solaris 2.6 , ADSM 3.1.0.6, to TSM 4.1.1.0.
Server is OS/390 MVS , ADSM 3.1.2.50. I have a large number of archive jobs
that ran in seconds and or one or two minutes. They now take 15 to 20
minutes.
I turned on tracing and found that must of the time was spent in "Solve
Tree".
I ran the command "CLEAN ARCHDIR nodename".  This did not correct the
problem.

Don ...

                    "Mauro Jr, Frank"
                    <Frank.MauroJr@LIBERTYM        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    UTUAL.COM>                     cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject:     Archiving
problems with TSM 4.1
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    01/30/2001 04:20 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

I have an archive system where we were archiving thousands of files per
night at a rate of 100 archives/ 13 seconds. I upgraded the ADSM client to
TSM 4.1 and now it is archiving at a rate of 100 archives/16 minutes.

I archived one file which under ADSM which was so quick it showed less then
0 seconds to back up - the same file under TSM took 7 seconds.

Has anyone seen this before - is there is a fix for this?

Frank Mauro
 Liberty Mutual
 Backup and Recovery Services
 Frank.MauroJr AT LibertyMutual DOT com