ADSM-L

Domain option not effective in TSM cluster environment

2001-01-26 19:40:39
Subject: Domain option not effective in TSM cluster environment
From: TSM Mail-ID <tsmmail2000 AT YAHOO DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:42:20 -0500
We're running TSM Server 3.7.2 and Client of 3.7.x.
We've installed 2 small NT 4.0 MSCS cluster servers
with shared disks (just external RAIDs).  Installed
b/a client and scheduler services with no problem and
fail-over works.

We just installed a big NT 4.0 MSCS server, with the
shared disks being part of an ESS (IBM Shark system).
When I install the b/a client on the local nodes to
back up the local disks, everything is fine.  When I
configure the b/a client for the virtual nodes, it
installs fine.  But, when I edit the dsm.opt file to
limit the backup to the nodes shared disks only, it
appears to ignore the DOMAIN line and includes ALL the
shared disks:

NODENAME HYDROGEN
CLUSTERNODE YES
DOMAIN H: I:

Instead of limiting the backup to H: and I:, it
includes all shared disks that it knows about, such as
J: K: R:, etc.

In the two small MSCS clusters, TSM is working fine
with the above.  In the big one, it isn't.  All
software is the same version, including OS.  The only
difference is the that we're using an ESS for the big
one, so the sub-system drivers may be causing a
problem.

Has anyone run into this problem?  If so how do we fix
it?

I have tried everything in the DOMAIN statement, eg.
DOMAIN \\CLUS2\H$; DOMAIN "H:", etc.  Nothing appears
to work.

I've gotten around it, but it's ugly. I put an
exclude/exclude.dir of the rest of the shared drives
in each node's dsm.opt file.  Very annoying since I
shouldn't have to do this...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanx in advance!