ADSM-L

Re: Question about collocation.

2001-01-26 10:04:43
Subject: Re: Question about collocation.
From: Dominique Laflamme <nlaflamm AT NORTELNETWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:49:41 -0500
Maybe it's been too long since I last had my hands on ADSM (or TSM), but I
don't think this is right.

Although a client won't have a tape to itself, TSM should keep all of any
given client's files on the same tape if possible. While this will cause
more tape mounts during migration from disk pools to tapes, it *does* speed
up recoveries, which is the traditional reason for colocation!

Just a thought,
Nick