ADSM-L

peace of mind

2001-01-25 10:12:15
Subject: peace of mind
From: Toni Banire <Toni_T_Banire AT SBPHRD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:11:32 +0000
I just need confirmation on this.

I ran a number of sel backups on a 90Gb array. When I performed the first few
restores the tape mounts occurred instantly. Over time the tape mount times
have started to increase. Currently it takes about an hr for the tape to mount
when I issue a restore req.

I have no problem with this as long as I understand what's going on.

Here's what I think, I may be way off base here.

The more sel backups I run, the more files have to be examined when the restore
is done.
I think with the noquery restore TSM is looking through every file to match the
restore req.
With some restore commands I use a pitd and pitt, with others I don't use these
options, tape mounts are still about 1hr in both instances.

I hope I have made myself clear here.

Am I on the right path ?

TIA

Toni