ADSM-L

Re: Does Reclamation work for Tape Capacity?

2001-01-24 14:38:36
Subject: Re: Does Reclamation work for Tape Capacity?
From: Scott Foley <sfoley AT NETDOCUMENTS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:40:07 -0700
Yes I do run "expire inventory duration=120" every day.  I assume that this
is working.  My tapepool (local) is using only three tapes with about 35%
reclaimable space on the two full tapes and 38% on the tape that is still
filling.  My copypool (remote) had 10 tapes with reclaimable space on the
four latest tapes of 0%, between 15% and 30% on five others and another at
53%.

Still, as I understand reclamation it will only help if it knows that a tape
that has 100% non expired data on it that is stored off site is using only
1% of the tapes full capacity.  If it is looking only at the reclaimable
space, as reported with "q vol stg=copypool f=d", then it won't help.

Someone else mentioned using collocation. I am looking into this, but don't
see how that will help yet.