ADSM-L

TSM 4.1.2.0 help please

2001-01-22 12:44:37
Subject: TSM 4.1.2.0 help please
From: Dean Winger <DeanW AT WCER.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:46:34 -0600
Help please

I just recently upgraded our TSM 4.1 Windows 2000 server to TSM 4.1.2.0.
However I encountered a few misfortunes.  The file I used to upgrade was
IP22221 (TSM4120_Server.exe)

After running the installer I noticed that the TSM Server had lost it's
licenses.  I looked in the server directory "c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server" and sure enough, all licenses files had been
removed.  When I ran TSM Server Utilities it had told me that it was not
authorized to install client licenses, or something to that affect.

I then ran the Installer from my TSM Server CD Ver. 4.1 and performed a
custom install.  I only installed the Licenses files.  Ok, now TSM can see
my licenses again and I think it is working ok.

I have also noticed that now when I look at the Add/Remove Program feature
of Windows 2000 is see:
Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Tivoli Storage Manager Server 4.1.2.0
Is this ok?  When I look at the Services I only see a single instance of TSM
running.  The service name is TSM Server1.  I am however confused as to why
Add/Remove programs thinks I have multiple copies of TSM installed.

So did I do something wrong?  Should I see multiple instances of TSM in
Add/Remove Programs?  Does one have to reinstall their licenses after an
upgrade?  Is there anything else I should be doing for this upgrade?

Thanks

Dean