ADSM-L

Orphaned Oracle backups

2001-01-19 13:54:59
Subject: Orphaned Oracle backups
From: Thiha Than <Thiha_Than AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:56:36 -0800
hi,

Yes, that happens a lot.  Oracle had a bug that it deleted the backups from
the catalog database even we returned error to them.  I don't exactly
remember which Oracle level.  Other factors are how you set up your
management class, copy groups and whether your node has backup delete
access or not.

regards,
Thiha

>Today I have compared the backup files on TSM with the file references in
>the Oracle catalog. I discovered a lot of "orphaned" backup files: files
in
>TSM which are not in the Oracle catalog.
>I had to delete these files manually by using the undocumented DELETE
OBJECT