ADSM-L

Can't auto-clean 3590 E11

2001-01-18 23:38:58
Subject: Can't auto-clean 3590 E11
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:15:12 +0530
Hi

I ahve recently configured TSM 3.7.0. I have a problem in 3590 E11 autoclean
operation. In the device class I have defined cleaning ASNEEDED flag but yet
it flashes CLEAN mesg on the control panel but TSM does not clean the drive
automatically. Can anyone help me out ?

Also, I want to check-in one 3590 cleaning tape that has only 75 usages
left, however in it does not allow me to check in the cleaner tape with
Cleaning Left parameter 75. I have to put 100 only, which is not the correct
value. Can some one explain me ?

AIX version is 4.3.3 on RS6000/SP2 with TSM 3.7.0 with TPD for Informix and
IBM 3590 E11. Please let me know if you need any more details.

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services ( India )