ADSM-L

DB2 Backups

2001-01-16 08:29:23
Subject: DB2 Backups
From: "Collins, Brenda" <Brenda.Collins AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:31:00 -0600
Hi everyone,

When you are  backing up DB2, do the logs get picked up with the database
backup or are you catching them with filesystem backups?  I have the
retention set for the logs to be the same as the backup, thinking that
retention was being taken care of through db2adutl by the DBA's.  I am told
now that they only take care of the actual database with their scripts and
not the logs.  How is anyone else handling these?

Also, due to their running all the backups through scripts, I do not see the
failed or missed events.  Is there a way to capture this information so I
know exactly what has been run?

Thank you,

Brenda Collins,
Storage Solutions Group
Phone: 651-848-5808
Email:  brenda.collins AT westgroup DOT com

Disclaimer:  "The views, opinions and judgements expressed in this message
are solely those of the author.  The message contents have not been reviewed
or approved by West Group."