ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1 and Informix Data Protection on HPUX (Work Around)

2001-01-16 08:19:02
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1 and Informix Data Protection on HPUX (Work Around)
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:20:40 -0500
Check the archives on this discussion list at http://search.adsm.org/ . I
too have stumbled into this with my pack of angry DBA's. The feedback I
received was very confused. From a number of sources. Putting it all
together we get that TSM is working on TDP for INTEL, scheduled 1Q2001. This
will be GA by July, 2001. However TDP for Intel is NOT TDP for Informix on
HP-UX. TDP for Informix on HP-UX requires HP's PA-RISC processor, not Intel.
Again, Please note that the response is "for Intel". We run Informix on HP's
PA-RISC processors running HP-UX 11.0.

I periodically rattle TSM's support people about this. But, alas, no
solution in sight.
John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com