ADSM-L

Howto resolve ANR2362E without rebooting the server?

2001-01-15 08:07:25
Subject: Howto resolve ANR2362E without rebooting the server?
From: Joerg Nouvertne <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:54:42 +0100
Hi all,

due to missing DB backups, our recovery log exeeded 95%. As a result, some
records of the log got compressed, which prevent a DB backup to occur. The
process stops with the following error:

ANR2362E  command: DATABASE BACKUP IS NOT CURRENTLY POSSIBLE - COMPRESSED LOG
RECORDS EXIST IN THE CURRENT TRANSACTION CHECKPOINT.

Regarding the help, I should issue the command at a later time, however I was
waiting for hours, and had to increase the log to prevent the server from
crashing; but the only way to perform a DB backup was: Rebooting the server:

Does anybody know a way to force the backup, or may be a way to "uncompress"
the compressed part after adding some space to the log?

We are (still) using ADSM 3.1.2.20 on AIX 4.2.1.0.

Thanks in advanced.