ADSM-L

Re: deleting rman data

2001-01-12 16:53:11
Subject: Re: deleting rman data
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:53:50 -0500
Are you running expiration regurlarly on the *SM server?  That has to be done
to actually delete the files.

>>> James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM 01/12/01 04:49PM >>>
i have a question about verifying the deletion of rman data.
i'd like to know how anyone verifies that old versions of rman files are
getting deleted.
My DBAs say they are running the commands to expire old versions but I
don't see it happening
Are there any commands that I could erify this with.
I've checked q occ and the number of files does not decrease for that rman
client.