ADSM-L

backup of /tmp on AIX 4.3.2, TSM client 4.1.1

2001-01-12 13:02:31
Subject: backup of /tmp on AIX 4.3.2, TSM client 4.1.1
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:03:33 -0500
The backup of /tmp was discussed some time ago. I remember a post from the
"Using the Backup-Archive Clients for UNIX" manual stating:

all-local
        Backs up all local file systems except LOFS file systems and LOFS
through automounter.  This is default.

        The /tmp directory is not included.

I can even find this reference in the manual. But, does anyone have a
workaround? We have a situation where we need to backup /tmp/sumpin and
can't get this overridden no matter what we do with include statements or
client option sets. Can anyone help?

TIA
John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com