ADSM-L

Backup Retention Period

2001-01-11 14:46:50
Subject: Backup Retention Period
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:46:54 -0500
We are running TSM 3.7.3 on OS/390 2.8.  I have a request from my boss to
temporarily extend a retention period for some server backups.  I know where I
can reset the retention information, but it was not clear to me if this would
be retroactive for existing backups or just affect new backups.  The intention
is to save some backups that are about to expire for a little while longer
since some customers have reported they did not get all of their files back
from a large restore we had to do.

Any other suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952