ADSM-L

Limitation in ADSMSCSI ?????

2001-01-11 11:46:56
Subject: Limitation in ADSMSCSI ?????
From: Ron Pavan <ronpavan AT MGMMIRAGE DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:30:35 -0800
Does anyone know of any limitations of adsmscsi.sys that would prevent it
from seeing tape drives after adding an additional disk array???

Current configuration (adsmscsi can see everything):
TSM v4.1.2 running in a Win2k Cluster
(1) QLogic 2200 card (in each physical cluster node, driver version 7.4.8.0)
(2) Brocade Switchs (dark fiber connection between both switches)
(1) clarrion Disk arrary (2 SP's)
(10) STK 9840 Fiber channel drives (6 in one powerdhorn library and 4 in on
powderhorn libaray)

Attempted configuration:
TSM v4.1.2 running in a Win2k Cluster
(1) QLogic 2200 card (in each physical cluster node, driver version 7.4.8.0)
(2) Brocade Switchs (dark fiber connection between both switches)
(2) clarrion Disk arrary (4 SP's)
(10) STK 9840 Fiber channel drives (6 in one powerdhorn library and 4 in on
powderhorn libaray)

If I try to add the second disk arrary I can only get adsmscsi to start with
4 tape drives (any 4).  If I had a fifth tape drive (any drive) adsmscsi
will not start and report an error that it cannot find the device.
QLogic2200 can see all the devices and Win2k can find all the devices (and
they display in device manager).

Anybody know any limitations or knows of a work around???