ADSM-L

IBM 3995 C-66 and ADSM 3.1.2.20

2001-01-09 14:17:29
Subject: IBM 3995 C-66 and ADSM 3.1.2.20
From: Kieron Johnson <kieron AT CORRADO-VR6 DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:18:45 -0000
Hi

Can anyone assist?

We're running AIX 4.3.2 with ADSM 3.1.2.20 and have just installed an IBM
3995-C66.
AIX correctly recognises the library and it has been configured to ADSM yet
we get an error message:

03/01/01   15:10:10  ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/rop1, error number=46.

when trying to access it. I believe this is device not ready - is the 3995-C66
supported at this level of ADSM. We have extended device support by the way.

adsm> q lic

<snip>
             Is Advanced Device Support required?: No
            Is Advanced Device Support licensed ?: Yes
                        Server License Compliance: Valid

Many thanks in anticipation

Kieron Johnson