ADSM-L

TSM Windows Client 4.1.2 and MSCS Cluster

2001-01-08 02:38:22
Subject: TSM Windows Client 4.1.2 and MSCS Cluster
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:21:56 +0000
Has anybody successfully got the v4.1.2 Windows client working with an MSCS
cluster?

When I upgraded the TSM client software on one of our clusters, the Scheduler
services installed with the DSMCUTIL INSTALL /CLUSTERNODE:YES command no longer
start. The problem seems to be to do with the parsing of the ClusterNode value
in the Parameters sub-key in the registry.

Everytime MSCS attempts to start the Scheduler services for the shared disks, I
get the following message in DSMERROR.LOG:
01/06/2001 12:35:37 ANS1107E Invalid option/value: '-ClusterNode='Yes''

The schedulers for the non-shared disks start fine. Do I have to modify the
configuration of the Scheduler services for the shared disks somehow?

The problem is similar to APAR IC25014, but that was fixed over a year ago. In
the end, I installed 4.1.1.16 and that works fine.

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office 2 The Embankment Sovereign Street Leeds LS1 4BG
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682