ADSM-L

Export Problem

2001-01-03 09:15:17
Subject: Export Problem
From: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira <abicas AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:12:40 -0200
Hi TSMers,

    I have to perform a migration of a TSM Server from a NT box to an AIX
box. I have about 2TB of data backed up in 150 DLT tapes. My lirary is a
STK9730 with 2 tape drives

    My problem is: EXPORT SERVER copies the data from the original tapes to
any given Device Class. There is no need to do this because, I will have the
same TSM Server with the same library and tapes into the AIX box !
    Is there a way to copy only the metadata between different plataforms,
just like a BACKUP DB does ? Can DUMP DB be used in this case ? Or is there
any faster way to do it ?

    Time is crucial ! Thanks all

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira - abicas AT service.com DOT br
Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
           Sao Paulo:    (11) 3040-1960
                              Rua Helena, 280, Cj 1106
                              CEP 04552-050 - Sco Paulo - SP