ADSM-L

An I/O error occurred while accessing stk9730

2000-12-28 19:30:58
Subject: An I/O error occurred while accessing stk9730
From: R Marcos <adsm4 AT YAHOO DOT ES>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:16:31 +0100
*The problem:
 Later install TSM 3.7.0.0 (NT 4.0 clustered) without
any trouble, we had problems to define the STK9730. We
issued the command:
        define library stk9730 libtype=scsi device=lb1.0.0.1
 Tsm reply was:
        ANR8418E An I/O error occurred while accessing
stk9730

 We checked again the library, the access door it`s
closed, obviously power on and ready...

*More Information:
 - Neither the command lbtest-dev lb1.0.0.1 obtains
the expected results. We issue command open (from
lbtest) and the answer was 'lbtest error return_error
device closed'.
 - The scsi card: Adaptec 2944 Uwide. Three scsi
devices, the library and two tapes (DLT7000) which
works correctly using NT Backup.
 - ServicePack 6 installed.
 - Latest drivers for scsi card and tapes.
 - same results obtained with other 3.7.x versions.

Does anybody knows the reason for this?

Lots of thanks.