ADSM-L

AUDIT VOLUME FIX=YES not working

2000-12-28 11:42:48
Subject: AUDIT VOLUME FIX=YES not working
From: Mahesh Babbar <mahesh.babbar AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:51:04 +0530
     Hello Wiz,

     I have ceratain bad volumes having damaged files sitting on them.

     I am issuing AUDIT VOLUME <Label> FIX=YES so that the damaged files
     are deleted from the database and these bad files do not continue to
     bother me anymore.

     The issue is , though these files are being marked as damaged but are
     not being deleted. Error message in activity log shows:

     ANR2335W Audit Volume has encountered an I/O error for volume 043222
     while attempting to read:

     Node DEL120RD.CRND, Type Backup, Filespace /rd179va, File Name
                         /trainee8/SIMPLEX/training/data/ sparcdsp.sf.
                        12/28/00 19:33:27

     ANR2308W Audit Volume marking damaged file as damaged on volume
     043222:

     Node DEL120RD.CRND, Type Backup, Filespace /rd179va, File Name
     /trainee8/SIMPLEX/training/data/ sparcdsp.sf.

     Secondly, is there any way ( thru 'q content' or any other command) I
     can come to know that if these files are active or inactive ones?

     I am using

     NSM 3466
     AIX OS Ver : 4.3
     TSM Version : 3.7.3