ADSM-L

copy pool

2000-12-27 11:24:13
Subject: copy pool
From: Sergio Cherchyk <scherchyk AT BANCORIO.COM DOT AR>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:21:38 -0300
Hi all.

I have two TSM servers installed in AIX  4.3 boxes with Sun libraries in
different sites. In my HQ I take almost all the backups and I do a daily
copy pool to the remote site.

The local server (HQ) is TSM 3.7.2 and the remote one is 4.2.0.

The problem is that my local backup pool has 2.7 TB of data while the
remote pool has 3.7 TB. I expected a differential in the remote pool but
1TB (~30% more) seems to me too much for an overhead.

Questions:

How does TSM handle the expirations in a copy pool?

It is normal the overhead that I'm seeing?

If it is not, what can I do to reduce it?

Thanks to all.

Sergio R. Cherchyk
Sergio R. Cherchyk
Arquitectura Tecnológica - Midrange