ADSM-L

Restartable Restores

2000-12-21 08:27:31
Subject: Restartable Restores
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:27:50 -0500
>What determines that a restore job will be "restartable"?  I've looked in
>both the server and client manuals but all I have found are instructions
>for restarting or querying restartable restores.  The online help for the
>client had some information about options that would make a restore
>non-restartable, but we thought we had met the requirements and the
>restores still do not show up as restartable.  I queried the list for
>"restartable" and found some information, but nothing specific.  If you
>can point me to the information about this I would appreciate it.

Louis - The Technical Guide redbooks for the respective product release
        provide solid explanations as to what new product features are
all about.  Restartable Restore was introduced in ADSMv3, so see its
Technical Guide redbook, principally section 2.3.3.
    Restartable Restore is an extension of No Query Restore, in that
it is the server which is maintaining a list of the files needed for the
restoral, rather than the client; so only in those cases where No Query
Restore is active would the restoral be restartable.  See the
No Query Restore description in chapter 3 of the client B/A manual for
details in that area, as well as in the Tech Guide.
         Richard Sims, BU