ADSM-L

ANR8447E: No Drives are currenlty available to the Library

2000-12-20 18:15:15
Subject: ANR8447E: No Drives are currenlty available to the Library
From: Raymond Chao <Raymond.Chao AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:15:24 +1000
Hi,

        We are running ADSM 3.1.2.57 on Aix 4.3.2 with STK 9710 library &
DLT tape drives. Upgrade to TSM 3.7.3 is scheduled.
         Lately we have experienced on 3 occasions the above error message
which required a server reboot.
On the last occasion, we had 6 drives, one brought off-line(faulty)  and
the others were on line. However, ADSM can only
use one drive. Eg if I start an offsite reclaim which required 2 drives,
it failed. I have checked the error message
but it is not helpful. We rebooted the server and things are fine. Any
ideas why this happens ??

TIA,

regards,
Raymond Chao