ADSM-L

Upgraded to 4.1

2000-12-20 00:19:45
Subject: Upgraded to 4.1
From: Diana Noble <djk AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:19:49 -0500
I just upgraded to adsm 4.1 from 3.1.  It appears right now I have two
known problems.

First - I cannot seem to label any volumes.  If I run the label command and
ask it to search the library it just completes successfully without even
looking for any tapes.  If I specify a tape, it claims invalid device type.

ANR8750E Volume is incompatible with specified device type.

The only options are cartridge and 3590.  These are 3590 k's and I selected
3590.  The drives are 3590E's.

Second - The dsmadmc command doesn't seem to be working correctly
either.  It keeps giving me ANS1033E An invalid TCP/IP host name was
specified.  I've looked at the options file in the api, ba and server bin
files and all specify the same host name.

I initially installed 4.1.0 and saw these problem.  I went and downloaded
the fixes for 4.1.2, and things still don't seem to be running right.

Anyone who upgraded to 4.1 see these problems or have any ideas?

Thanks.

Diana J. Noble
Diana J. Noble
Systems Research Programmer