ADSM-L

Re: storagetek stk9740 (drive 9840) with TSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3

2000-12-19 15:24:20
Subject: Re: storagetek stk9740 (drive 9840) with TSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3
From: Vijay Havaralu <vhavaralu AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:24:47 -0500
Giuseppe,

Assuming device is configured properly in aix & tsm
the library/device defines as below, (follow the steps in adsm ref manuals)

DEFINE LIBRARY AUTOSTK9740 LIBTYPE=SCSI DEVICE=/dev/lb2 SHARED=YES
DEFINE DRIVE AUTOSTK9740 DRIVE00 DEVICE=/dev/mt2 ELEMENT=1030 ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DRIVE AUTOSTK9740 DRIVE01 DEVICE=/dev/mt4 ELEMENT=1031 ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DEVCLASS DRIVES-9840 DEVTYPE=ECART FORMAT=DRIVE ESTCAPACITY=20971520K MOU
     NTLIMIT=2 MOUNTWAIT=10 MOUNTRETENTION=1 PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=AUTOSTK9740

check libray by using label tape command, to check drives individually try
tar command of aix.

Hope this helps......vijay.

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Giuseppe Taccone wrote:

> Subject: storagetek stk9740 (drive 9840) with TSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3
>

> Is there anybody  that have already use  the library stk9740 storagetek
with TSM 4.1 or 3.7 on AIX 4.3.3 platform?

> I' ve a lot of problem to configure this library with tsm and don't
understand if the problem is hardware or software.
> >From the Tivoli site it seems supported, but if  I try to configure,
i've success to define library but when i try to run any command the
library remain in hang without give me any error messages.

> Please if there's somebody that have any experience about this
configuration send me all information .

thank you very much