ADSM-L

Library question

2000-12-19 10:50:15
Subject: Library question
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 07:49:56 -0800
Hello all and Happy Holidays...

Today I issued command mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qI and found 7 tapes that show a
status of FF00. Of those, 2 are actually assigned to my offsite_pool and
show 100% utilized. Q vol and q libvol don't list the other 5 tapes. I'm
wondering if it may be that these tapes were missed during checkin at some
point.

Does anyone know another command that can identify these 5 tapes or do you
think it's ok to just check them in as scratch?

Why would the 2 tapes in my offsite_pool show as FF00 and should I change
them to 0064 or just leave them alone?

Thanks for the help.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614

"Knowledge is fixed in time, wheras, knowing is continual. Knowledge comes
from a source, from an accumulation, from a conclusion, while knowing is a
movement" Bruce Lee