ADSM-L

Re: Restore Throughput

2000-12-19 09:29:19
Subject: Re: Restore Throughput
From: sekar n <nsekar99 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:29:51 -0800
Hi,
I think throughput, in general , is a question of many
factors. To quote live example, Iam getting around
3MB/s for various backup/archieve which runs over
fairly long period of 30 minutes. I have had 1 GB
backedup and restored in less than 8 minutes when the
restore was for a single file ( we do have many of
them hitting the ceiling of even excess of 20 GB, I
havent tried them yet!!). The environment on swithced
ethernet LAN of 100 Mbs, AIX /IBM 43P server and
clients on various platforms, backuppool of just 500
MB and migration /spillover pool on IBM 7331-305 with
Mammoth 20 GB exabyte catridge.
( incidentally can any one answer on shelf life of
Mammoth 20 GB catridges.. The predecessor 5/7 GB
exabyte where very poor on long time retention, i have
read like something less than 3 years)

hope info is useful

sekar narasimhan
ONGC, Chennai, India