ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MS-Exchange - monthly backups

2015-10-04 17:25:43
Subject: Re: TDP for MS-Exchange - monthly backups
From: Rushforth, Tim [mailto:TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We perform daily FULL backups of Exchange and Monthly (actually every 4
weeks) COPY backups (so as not to interfere with the daily backups).

We simply use a Different Node Name for the Monthly backups - plus
different
option files, different command files.  We use the adsmautodelete - for
our
backups we specify x days, for the monthly Copy backups we specify y
days.

Pretty simple, requires another node on the server though.

The next release of the Exchange agent is rumored to have Automatic
Expiration and version control by
TSM server policy - this should make this a bit easier then with just a
different management class with a different retention.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg
trushfor AT city.winnipeg.mb DOT ca