ADSM-L

Re: Can't Del Disk Vol

2000-12-18 12:55:23
Subject: Re: Can't Del Disk Vol
From: Joseph Goshko <ADSM_Edm AT ADC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:55:49 -0700
jbassi AT ihwy DOT com on 12/16/2000 07:43:59 AM

Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu

 To:      ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu

 cc:      (bcc: ADSM Edm/Net)

>> You should contact IBM/Tivoli Support.  A Level 2 tech can assist you in
>> removing the values from the DB
>
>L2 support has been involved with this for 3 months.  The only way you can
>purge this information from the DB is to do an audit (which my customer
>cannot due because of the downtime involved).

Hi Joshua,

I believe Keith is right: Level 2 support SHOULD be able to "walk" through the
"leaves" in the B-tree TSM DB and remove the offending "leaf".

I have had problems like this in the past, and like your customer, could not
afford a 40+ hour outage for an offline AUDIT DB.  Level 2 ADSM/TSM support here
in Canada was able to walk me through deleting the "leaf".

If the customer has a support agreement, then you should "insist" with Level 2
support.

I know the person that did this for me has posted to this mail list, so perhaps
they will see this message, and have one of their counterparts in the US send
you and E-mail to get the ball rolling (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

Baet of luck,

Joe