ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MS-Exchange - monthly backups

2000-12-18 11:37:31
Subject: Re: TDP for MS-Exchange - monthly backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:38:10 -0500
John,

One easy and simple way would be to have separate TSM Server
NODENAME for your "monthly" vs. "daily" backups.
Perform "COPY" type backups monthly.  Then, you could
use different ADSMAUTODELETE values for each nodename.

By the way, TDP for Exchange V2, targeted for Q1/2001
starts using the power of TSM Server policy management
that will allow you to do these types of things
with the built-in TSM Server policy management.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler