ADSM-L

Re: Help with Win2K Client Password in Registry

2000-12-15 10:52:04
Subject: Re: Help with Win2K Client Password in Registry
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:54:34 -0500
Thanks Jack-

When I run dsmcutil showpw, it shows the correct password in the registry
for this machine.
Then when I reboot and run dsmcutil showpw again, it says it can't find the
registry key.

It appears that registry changes are not being saved.
I installed a new version of the client in a new directory, but after a
reboot, the registry entries still indicate the old version of the client is
installed and point to the old path name.

So we deleted some of those registry entries manually.
After a reboot, they come back!

So this appears to be a WIN2K thing, not a TSM thing.

Any of you Windows Wizards out there have some suggestions as to what causes
this?