ADSM-L

Re: To Look for files in all volumes

2000-12-15 10:35:09
Subject: Re: To Look for files in all volumes
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:20:35 +0100
On 15-Dec-00 Francisco Molero wrote:
> Hi,
> Would I like to know how I can know in which volume is
> a file ? Is it possible ?
> Where can I find a select for this question.?
> Any info will be good received.

(Example)

Suppose you're looking for the file /home/john/my_file
and /home is a file system and the *SM node name of
the machine the file is on is MY_NODE.
This query will give you the volume name the file is on:

select volume_name,node_name,filespace_name,file_name
from contents where node_name='MY_NODE' and
filespace_name='/home' and filename='/john/my_file'

Hope this helps,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen      SARA
Alexander Verkooijen      SARA
Senior Systems Programmer Academic Computing
alexander AT sara DOT nl         Services Amsterdam