ADSM-L

Re: Oracle RMAN not deleting backups

2000-12-13 15:50:47
Subject: Re: Oracle RMAN not deleting backups
From: jacinth <jacinth AT MAIL.EV1 DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:51:22 -0600
I thought I had replied to this, but I guess the list didn't forward
it...

When we had this problem (not marking the backuppieces as inactive),
it was because the environmental variables were not set when allocating
the channel for delete.  It made all the difference in the world.

For example:

allocate channel for delete type "SBT_TAPE"
parms 'ENV=(DSMI_ORC_CONFIG=/home/oracle/dsm.opt,
              DSMO_NODE=EMPI_ORACLE,
              DSMO_PSWDPATH=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin,
              DSM_CONFIG=/home/oracle/dsm.opt,
              DSMI_DIR=/home/oracle,
              DSMI_AVG_SIZE=1000)';

HTH,